What Rights and Benefits do you get with a Green Card?
When you become the lawful holder of a US Green Card, you automatically receive all the rights and benefits that go along with it. Green Card holders are one step away from becoming US citizens, and enjoy almost all the rights that US citizens are afforded.
What is a Green Card?
A Green Card is the official US permanent residence card. The card affords its owner full permanent residence status in the USA.
Green Card Rights and Benefits
As a US permanent resident, you have the right to:
- Social, tax and health benefits. As a permanent US resident, you would qualify for benefits such as social security, insurance, tax benefits, healthcare, educational state sponsorship, and so on. You would also be able to legally own firearms, as well as acquire property, houses and cars. Furthermore, you could obtain finance to purchase these items and could qualify for a mortgage.
- Live permanently in the US. This right is subject to you not doing anything that would, according to US Immigration Law, revoke your permanent resident status.
- Work in the USA in any legal job of your choice. A Green Card holder can even work in many government jobs. This is to the exclusion of specific jobs that, for security reasons, are restricted to US citizens only.
- Apply for US citizenship. Once you have been a Green Card holder for at least 5 years, you may become eligible to apply for US citizenship. US citizenship will afford you additional rights, such as the right to vote and to run for office.
- Permanent legal status. The Green Card represents permanent residence status, which means that, unlike a regular tourist visa, you can remain in the US without a time limit. You would generally never need to renew your status, you would simply need to renew the physical Green Card itself, which expires every 10 years.
- Sponsor family members. Once you have your Green Card, you will be able to sponsor your immediate family members for Green Cards.
- Be protected. As a US permanent resident, you would be under the protection of all United States laws and agencies
- Move freely within the United States, and live in any State and city of your choice. You can also exit and enter the country freely whenever you travel internationally, without requiring any additional visa. Please note that should you want to leave the country for over 6 months, your permanent residence status may be at risk, so you would need to follow procedure to retain your status.
How to Apply for a Green Card?
Eligible candidates can enter the annual Green Card Lottery and stand a chance of winning a Green Card. Every year, 55,000 successful applicants are given Green Cards, and are granted the opportunity of immigrating to America.
Applying for the lottery is not a simple procedure, and many applicants are automatically disqualified because of incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete applications. By using a third-party immigration service provider, such as Global USA Green Card Organization, your application success will be guaranteed.
*Take our free eligibility test right now and start your quick and easy process of applying for the Green Card Lottery.